Code No. : 66
|CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for June 2015
CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for December 2014
UGC NET December Museology and Conservation Syllabus 2016
UGC NET Paper II and Paper III ( Parts A & B )
Unit – I
- Definition of Museum.
- Definition of Museology / Museography.
- History of Development of Museum – World / India.
- Types of Museums – India.
- Para Museums.
- Rural Museums – their problems.
- Role of Museum in Society.
- Museum accountability.
- Museum in changing world.
- Museum Movement and International Organization.
- Professional associations and their relevance.
Unit – II
- History of Collection – World.
- Theoretical issues and value based collection / objectives.
- Methods of Collection.
- Ethics of Collection.
- History of Documentation / aim and objectives.
- Registration Methods / Indexing / Cataloguing.
- Exhibition Documentation.
- Conservation / Restoration Documentation.
- Computerization / Multimedia.
Unit – III
- History / Archaeology / Architecture.
- Ethnology / Anthropology / Folk Literature.
- History of Art / Fine Arts / Performing Art.
- National History and Physical Sciences.
Unit – IV
- General Principles of presentation.
- Organization and planning of gallery / exhibition.
- Nature and types of exhibition.
- Permanent / temporary exhibition.
- Types of Museum Lighting – Natural and Artificial – their merits and demerits.
- Effects of light on textiles, paintings, natural history specimens.
- Preparation of blue print and stages of work.
- Selection of materials research for data input.
- Execution of presentation (layout, exhibit – design, stages of mounting illumination).
Unit – V
- Communication Techniques.
- Lable / Lable Writing.
- Audio – Visual Techniques / Application.
- Orientation and guiding.
- Other Complimentary Techniques and Application.
Unit – VI
- General Principles and Theoretical issues.
- Educational Role of the Museum.
- Educational Services and Facilities.
- Extension Services / out reach program.
- Special Services to Physically handicapped.
- Cultural Resources in Museum Education.
Unit – VII
- General Principles of Public Relations.
- Nature of Public Relations and its application in museum.
- Media Outlets – Print Media, Electronic Media.
- Information Technology in Museums.
- Public Facilities and Services.
- Classification of Museum visitors – its need.
- Friends of the Museum and Voluntary Services.
- Museum Marketing Strategy.
Unit – VIII
- Analysis of Materials.
- Factors of Deterioration.
- Pest Control in Museums.
- Sterilization / prevention / first aid.
- Preservation / Conservation / Lining / Darning.
Unit – IX
- Handling / Care.
- Storage Organisation.
- Packing and Transportation Regulations.
- Insurance / Other Safeguards.
- Museum Security against fire, theft and burglary, armed conflict.
Unit – X
- Principles of Museum Management.
- Administrative Structures of Museum.
- Museum Administration Personnel Finance.
- Policy Planning and Quality Development.
- Museum Security and Maintenance.