Code No. : 72
|CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for June 2015Question Paper 2 | Question Paper 3CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for December 2014|
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus July 2018
Comparative Literature Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I : The Epistemology of Comparative Literature
- Definition and Scone of Comparative Literature
- Development of the Discipline
Unit – II : Literary Historiography
- History and Literary History
- Elements of Literary History
- Problems of Periodization
Unit – III : The Theory of Genres
- Oral and Written
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern
Unit – IV : Thematology
- Motifs, Myths and Archetypes
- The Diachronic and Synchronic Study of Themes
Unit – V : Comparative Indian Literature
- Themes and Genres
Unit – VI : Literary Theory
- Indian Poetics : Tamil and Sanskrit
- Western Literary Theories
Unit – VII : Cross – cultural Literary Relations
Unit – VIII : Translation Studies
- History of Translation – Indian and Non – Indian.
- Theories of Translation.
- Problems of Translation – Linguistic and Cultural.
Unit – IX : Literature and the Other Arts.
Unit – X : Literature and Other Disciplines – Literature and Cultural Studies.