Code No. : 72
|CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for June 2015
CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for December 2014
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus December 2016
Comparative Literature Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I : The Epistemology of Comparative Literature
- Definition and Scone of Comparative Literature
- Development of the Discipline
Unit – II : Literary Historiography
- History and Literary History
- Elements of Literary History
- Problems of Periodization
Unit – III : The Theory of Genres
- Oral and Written
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern
Unit – IV : Thematology
- Motifs, Myths and Archetypes
- The Diachronic and Synchronic Study of Themes
Unit – V : Comparative Indian Literature
- Themes and Genres
Unit – VI : Literary Theory
- Indian Poetics : Tamil and Sanskrit
- Western Literary Theories
Unit – VII : Cross – cultural Literary Relations
Unit – VIII : Translation Studies
- History of Translation – Indian and Non – Indian.
- Theories of Translation.
- Problems of Translation – Linguistic and Cultural.
Unit – IX : Literature and the Other Arts.
Unit – X : Literature and Other Disciplines – Literature and Cultural Studies.