CSIR UGC NET December 2016 Exam Pattern
CSIR UGC NET Exam Subjects 2016 :
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under :
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 18th December, 2016 as under :
|Morning Session||9.00 AM - 12.00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2.00 PM - 5.00 PM|
Subject wise schedule of examination will be notified later on. The subject – wise Schedule, date and timing of the Test is liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minute before the schedule time of start of the examination. The question paper booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the start of the exam ( i.e not before 12.00 noon in the morning session / 5.00 PM in the afternoon session ). These candidates are permitted to take their Question Booklet with them at the end of the scheduled time of exam.
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet / Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid / eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet otherwise that particular answer will not be evaluated.
The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidates opting for English medium will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
SYLLABUS OF THE TEST
1. The question paper shall be divided into three parts, ( A, B & C ) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part-’A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part-’B’ shall contain subject – related conventional Multiple Choice questions ( MCQs ), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part-’C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and / or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen at CSIR website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
2. Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
3. If a question for any reason found wrong, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question. On review of representations by the subject experts, if it is found that along with the original answer key one more option(s) is correct then marks will be awarded to all those candidates who have attempted any one of the correct options.
CSIR UGC NET DECEMBER 2016 Exam Centers
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below :
A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in this unit latest by 14th October, 2016. If sufficient number of candidates do not opt for any of the above Centres, that particular Centre may stand deleted from the above list OR otherwise also, the concerned candidates may be allotted another Centre nearest to their place of residence, at the discretion of CSIR. No TA / DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test, in any circumstances.