University Grants Commission,
Bhadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
CBSE UGC NET PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2016
It is observed that number of girls as against boys in certain states is declining which is a matter of great concern. The females are even forced to give birth to male child. In such circumstances education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have a control over their lives. The mindset which militates against the girl child could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy. The Govt. of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child. The Union Government of India has taken various steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
Objectives of Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
The objectives of the proposed scheme are :
- To support post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
Target Group and Eligibility
Target Group :
The girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
CBSE UGC NET Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Eligibility for Single Girl Child 2016 :
Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
CBSE UGC NET Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Age Limit for Single Girl Child 2016 :
Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme :
- The number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
- The selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. The result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in. Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- The value of Scholarship is [rupee] 2,000/- P.M for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
- No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Procedure for Monitoring :
- The progress of the scholar is monitored by the head of the department. The scholar is required to submit quarterly continuation certificate dully signed by the head of the department to the designated branch of nominated bank.
- Students desirous of leaving the studies mid-way without completing post graduate degree will have to take prior approval from the UGC by submitting an application along with the justification through the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institution.
- Any student who discontinues the studies without prior approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount through e-mode(RTGS/NEFT) directly to UGC account.
- No extension is permissible beyond two years.
- The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The student availing this scheme will submit a certificate/marksheet of completion of Post Graduate course dully signed by the head of the department.
Cancellation of Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
UGC may terminate scholarship of any student in case of :
- Misconduct of the awardees, if any, reported by the University/College/Institution.
- Unsatisfactory progress report i.e. if the candidate scores less than 55% marks in thefirst year of Master’s programme (50% in case of Physically Challenged awardee)
- Candidates being found ineligible at a later date shall face the penal action and will also be liable to refund the entire scholarship amount paid.
Documents to be Submitted for Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
- The candidate is required to submit an application only through Online Mode.
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
- An affidavit on [rupee] 50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
CBSE UGC NET Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Application Deadline for Single Girl Child 2016 : 15th September, 2016
CBSE UGC NET Scholarship 2016 : CBSE UGC NET Circle Wise List of Designated Canara Bank Branches